Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The booking of tickets....

Well, just got back from the club Les Dawson used to frequent when he was living. Funny little place, sort of like a big house but with the walls knocked down down stairs and two full size snooker tables, oh and the chairs, oh the chairs. They were them well worn down with age leather chairs, pure bliss to sit in, absolutely made for sitting watching a few frames of snooker with a beer in hand. Unfortuntely I was on my bike so could only have the one, I've programme board to blame for that. Anyway, enough waffle lets talk tickets...

Finished a little earlier today to give our intended ticket supplier a ring and discover how much we really would be paying on the couchettes. Now let me say from the off, I think I may have got a little distracted with the shamelessly flirtatious cockney chick on the end of the phone. Perhaps the 45 minutes spent on the phone wasn't quite all trying to get the tickets sorted. Anyway, I digress. It would seem it isn't going to be quite as straight forward to get the tickets sorted as first thought, and yes I think Richie boy is right, I don't think we would have been able to 'wing' it. Looks like some of our overnight journeys we intended to take aren't going to be possible, and some may be a little cost prohibitive. Alas, it's all part of the adventure I suppose, the planning, as my good buddy Rich has said in the past, is all part of the trip. Anyway, with no tickets booked I think a little re planning will be required before we book our tickets at the weekend. A little travelling in the early afternoon may be required, arriving at certain places 10 - 11pm. Could be interesting trying to find digs, although my suggestion of doing an all nighter is always a possibility I supppose. Hmmm, maybe not..

Anyway, bit of a boring post (having read it back), but tiredness drains my comicality (and makes you create words...)

More posts soon.

No comments: