Sunday, September 21, 2008

Paris...the near miss....and the total stoner...

So here we are, the first morning of the trip, can't wait to get out there today and do some serious culture vulturing (well, we've got to get some in before we go to Munich and beyond..).

Just had my breakfast (free, well impressed), stocked up on the old caffeine, orange juice - my arse my regret that later, and so might my wallet being one Euro a dump - and some cereal and bread. A very hearty breakfast for nowt, as I said, well impressed.

So, we arrived here, as Rich's blog says at about 11.30, completely shattered, and me personally I was still trying to get my head around the fact that here we were at the start, in a different country. Strange when you fly, as Rich pointed out, the sense of distance isn't there - like compared if we came all the way by train. Anyway, talking about flights, you may have seen on Rich's blog him explaining we had a near miss with the flight. The guy telling us on check in it was 30 mins delay certainly didn't help, the info boards definitely didn't help, and Neil's desire to get another beer in was indeed a hinderence. Anyway, we managed to get on the flight.....just. Most pleasant it was too, I had a whole row to myself, so big credit to easyJet for supplying us with a good flight, and a bit of eye candy at the airport.

So, the total stoner. When we arrived we were starving so we set out to Mac D's, dodgy choice in a city so jam packed with culernary delights, but needs must, and my tummy is very needy (obviously). So, as it was past 12am we had to queue up at this night hatch, where what we could see you could only get burgers. Anyway, not important, the stoner is what I'm talking about. This guy, completely wrecked, rolling up what looked to be a bit of a splifter was bouncing against everything and anyone, was funny as, blowing smoke in the face of all around, even into the cashiers bit - funny thing was, no one was really bothered, which was pretty cool. He got his stuff and off he went for his munchies. Now, that's the difference see, in Britain we'd have been kicking right off with this lad (not me personally, but you know what I mean), but everyone just let him get on with it. Laid back, that's the feeling I get here, completely laid back, now I've got to get me a bit of that...

Well, Paris today then overnighter to Rome later. The European invasion will continue an unabated for a while to come, till next time peeps. Keep on keeping on...

No comments: