Thursday, September 11, 2008

Woodall = Woohoo, mega giddy!!

Well, just finished work nice an early tonight so I thought I'd post something on here, seeing as I haven't posted since my rant about people on mobile phones whilst driving..

As you may have seen from the boy Richy's post, everything is now booked. Fook me, can you believe it Rich, everything booked and we're all set to go on the adventure of the year, perhaps the decade, I daren't say a life time (South America still undescovered an all a that.... Machu Pichu anyone...).

Anyway, massive relief to get everything booked, although I'm still yet to work out how much money I've got to take, although the money is gonna have to be rather strictly governed, especially for the first few nights. Thing is, I know exactly how it's going to go for the first night, if not the first few. Rich and me are gonna get a little giddy (it's been know) and we're going to end up spanking a little more cash than we'd have liked. Still, we are on holiday after all. Picture the scene, we arrive at John Lennon Internation Airport at around 4pm ish, another 55 minutes until check in. What are two backpackers going to do with themselves, well, it would be rude not to have at least a quick look at the boozer, you know, for prosterity. What do you know, 55 minutes later on way to check in, 4 pints sunk, £12 out of the days budget, and no food in sight. Surprise, Woodall talking food already. Anyway, I think we'll allow ourselves a few that first day me thinks. Be massively rude not to.

Another thing I started doing today was trying to attach the tent (to be used one night) to my backpack. Not as heavy as I first thought but certainly restricts what I can carry in the bag. Down to one sock (worn alternate feet each day), one pair of scruds (washed each day in the 1 earo bogs & dried with hand drier - or whizzing them round really fast above my head) - although stubborn staines will require more attention.. - and a wooly hat. Oh, and ten books, 14 packets of chewing gum, and two booby stress balls. That'll do...

Anyway, waffling complete and utter shit now but I'll be sure to post again soon.

Cheers for reading.

T minus 8 days..

2 comments:

Conky said...

booby stress balls HAHAHAHAHAHA

Neil said...

hahaha, quality...